The Polish Cultural Institute (AKA The Polish Museum of Winona) was established in 1978 to house different artifacts from the Polish people in Winona. The Polish people were the backbone of the first Winona workers in late 1800's Winona.
Follow the Civil War trail & trials of "Captain" James Allison Colehour through his (3) year enlistment. One of the area's most loved and respected citizens, "Cap" was Mayor, Justice of the Peace and had the area's first "Tourist Hotel.
Originally constructed as the city hall, the local jail, and the fire station in 1899-1900, the building has also at various times through the years housed the telephone company, Stoos Electric, and an incubator manufacturer.
The August F. Poehler house, built in the summer of 1884 from locally produced brick and mill work and completed during the winter of 1885, is now the Sibley County Historical Museum and home to the Sibley County Historical Society.