Bruentrup Heritage Farm
2170 E. County Road D
Please visit our website for times and dates which are mainly in the warm weather months.
Free for most events. See website for specific events.
The Bruentrup Farm was started in 1891 and eventually grew to 175 acres to support 21 dairy cows. By 1999, the land had been sold for commercial and residential development and the buildings were donated to the Maplewood Historical Society. The buildings have been remodeled for public access and feature displays and artifacts on dairying and farming during the 1945 - 1960 era as well as the history of Maplewood. The Society hosts many open houses, social events and meetings as well as renting the farm for private events such as weddings. Buildings include the 1905 barn, the 1912 house, a pre-1920 metal machine shop, a granary, (2) equipment storage sheds and a modern Welcome Center with restrooms. Free parking is east of the farm in a paved lot. The Farm is bounded on two sides with a prairie that has a paved walking trail.